Your domain may be locked to prevent the transfer. If it is locked, you must unlock it before proceeding with the request for the transfer.
Perform the following to unlock your domain:
- You can change the status of your domain through Domains -> Registrations.
- Find the domain you want to transfer and then look at the column that says Locked.
- If your domain is locked, then you will see the word Yes.
- To change the status simply click on the Yes to confirm that you want to change the status of the domain.
Note: the lock status is displayed through your panel’s ‘Registrations’ page as well as being shown on a WHOIS look-up:
- The ‘Registration’ page shows the ‘Locked?’ column above.
- The status states ‘No’ or ‘Yes’.
- Clicking the word changes the status. In the image above, there is no need to change it because the domain is already unlocked for transfer.
If you do a WHOIS lookup for the domain registration, you can also see the lock status there. Check the ‘Domain Status’ section of the WHOIS lookup for the domain. If it’s locked, the following status appears:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
If the domain is unlocked, the following status appears:
Domain Status: ok
Once the domain is unlocked, you can move on to:
- Disable the privacy settings
- Verify the current contact information
- Acquire your domain’s EPP/Authorization code.
- Request transfer to Cherry Host!