In this article, we are going to go over the proper way of using Elementor to create a footer for your WordPress website.
NOTE: Just as in our article “Make a Header with Elementor“, you can create the footer in the same fashion. While you do not need the Pro edition to create a footer, if you are in a hurry the Pro templates do come in handy.
- Under Templates > Theme Builder > Add New, select Footer from the drop-down and click Create Template.
- Choose a Footer Block and Insert. As stated in the Note, if you do not own the Pro edition, you will need to design your own footer.
- After you have designed your footer, press the green publish button.
- Now you will want to click on Display Conditions.
- The first option that appears is ‘+Include, Entire Site X’ Don’t do anything to this, just click the green button ‘Save & Close’
- If you haven’t done so, go to settings at the bottom left. It’s the little gear icon. Change the status to Published.
- Click Update and you are done.
At this point, you should have a footer that appears on every page of your WordPress site. If your footer is not displaying you more than likely did not set your display conditions. Also be sure to check in the customize portion of WordPress you set your front page as static. In the end, if you find that you are still having difficulties, you can always drop a ticket with Cherry Host and we can check your settings.