So lets get right to it, your seeing a white screen stating, “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.” The problem is that it’s now stuck on this screen and your website is not responding.
Thankfully there is a quick and easy solution to this problem.
- Using your favorite FTP software, login to your website directory.
- Locate your public_html folder and find the directory where your WordPress installation is situated.
- Find the file that reads, .maintenance.
- Delete this file.
- If you are using a web cache or a CDN such as Cloudflare, be sure to clear everything to remove the maintenance warning from memory.
- Your website is back online!
Now that everything is back in running order, you should revisit your plugins to be sure everything is compatible with your current setup. If you find that your updates did not take, try not updating all at once. This is so you can find out if its a software error from a plugin or if its just too much for your WordPress install.
Now if you still don’t feel comfortable doing the above, contact us at Cherry Host and we will be happy to help.