Step 1: Generate Private Key (KEY)
- Login to the cPanel “Control Panel”
- Click SSL / TLS Manager under the Security section.
- Click on the Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys link.
- When the page loads, locate the “Generate a New Key” section. Select the domain name from the pull-down menu, or type the domain name into the Host field
- Select the key bit-length as 2048.
- Click the Generate button.
- Click the Return to SSL Manager link.
- When the page loads, click the Go Back link. This will take you to the main “SSL/TLS Manager” page.
Step 2: Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Click on the Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests link.
- When the page loads, enter the following:
– Host – Select the fully qualified domain name from the pull-down menu (Common Name)
– Country – Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
– State – Spell out the state completely. Do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California
– City – Enter the city’s name, where your organization has been registered, for example: Mountain View
– Company – Enter the company name. If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corporation or XY and Z Corporation
– Company Division – This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request, for example: IT Dept
– Email – Not recommended, include only if the version of cPanel requires this field to be populated
– Pass Phrase – Enter the private key pass phrase.
3. Click the Generate button.
4. Click the Go Back link.
5. You will use this generated CSR when you sign up for an SSL certificate.